While there have been plenty of videos comparing the 4.7-inch version of the iPhone 6 to the Samsung Galaxy S5 and other smartphones, there haven’t been many comparing the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 to other devices.
However, YouTube channel TechSmartt (via AppleInsider) has acquired a dummy of the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 and compared it to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, offering a look at Apple’s rumored “phablet” against its main competition.
When compared to the 5.7-inch Note 3, the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 is slightly taller. This correlates with an earlier size comparison that found the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 was the same height or taller than leading Android smartphones that had slightly larger screens.
If believed, these dummy models signal that the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 could be taller than the Note 3’s height of 151.2mm. The extra height is largely due to a carryover of design decisions from previous iPhone models, which include identically sized top and bottom bezels. These bezels contain the FaceTime camera, the Touch ID Home button and numerous sensors.
Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• New Apple TV Beta, iOS 8 Beta 2 Lay Groundwork for Upcoming Family Sharing Feature
• Halfbrick's Entire Library of Games is Now Free, Including Fruit Ninja, Monster Dash
• Facebook Launches New 'Slingshot' Messaging App
• OS X Yosemite's 'Dark Mode' Now Available via Terminal Command
• Garmin Launches 'Viago' Navigation App for iOS with Speed Limits, Lane Assist, and More
• Automatic Gains Redesigned App, New Data on Fuel Level
• Apple Settles State and Consumer Class Action E-Book Price Fixing Lawsuit
• 'Nest Protect' Smoke Detectors Back On Sale After Safety Recall, Now Starting at $99