iMore weighs in with information it has heard about the new iPhone that is due later this year.
According to their sources, the new iPhone will be 4G LTE compatible, as expected. It will also be arriving in the fall, though the exact date will be determined close to the time. Finally, their source also claims that contrary to 4-inch rumors, the new iPhone will retain the same 3.5-inch screen, or very close to it.
So to sum up, iPhone 5,1 is on track for:
- Similar if not same sized screen (currently 3.5-inch but not set in stone)
- 4G LTE radio
- New “micro dock” connector
- Fall/October 2012 release
iMore had previously reported that they believe the new iPhone will carry a miniaturized dock connector to help reduce the overall size of the iPhone, itself.
iMore has recently been the source of some accurate information. Most recently, they pinpointed the announcement date for the iPad 3 and LTE support.
Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Apple Loses Appeal in Italian Warranty Disclosures Case
• Steve Jobs Tried to Hire Linux Creator Linus Torvalds to Work on OS X
• Some Smart Covers Not Working Properly on New iPad
• Angry Birds Space Launches on iOS and Mac
• More '4G' Strings Found in iOS 5.1
More: continued here