Apple has recently added the Mac Pro to the refurbished section of its online store, giving customers the opportunity to purchase the professional-level desktop at a 15 percent discount compared to a brand-new machine for the first time since the computer’s December 2013 release.
There are several different configurations available, ranging in price from $2,549 for the 3.7GHz quad-core machine with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage to $7,479 for the 2.7Ghz 12-core machine with 32GB RAM and 1TB storage. All available refurbished Mac Pro models ship within 3 to 5 business days.
All of Apple’s refurbished products, the Mac Pro included, have been thoroughly tested for reliability and come with the same one-year warranty offered with standard products.
Apple’s 2013 Mac Pro made waves when it was released, due to its radically redesigned cylindrical form factor and the fact that the machine is the first to be assembled in the United States. It features Ivy Bridge E processors, dual GPUs, Thunderbolt 2, and fast PCI Express-based flash storage.
Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Apple's iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Quickly Dominate Japanese Smartphone Sales
• Apple Launches Yosemite 'AirDrop Test Fest' For AppleSeed Members
• iPhone 6 Touch ID Still Vulnerable to Specialized Fake Fingerprint Hack
• Now TV Adds New Entertainment and Sky Movies Passes to Apple TV in UK
• iPhone 6 Plus Bending Limits Tested in New Video
• Apple Opening Retail Store in Hanover, Germany on September 27
• 'iPod Father' Tony Fadell Comments on Discontinuation of iPod Classic
• Apple Releases OS X Yosemite Mail Update for Developers and Public Beta Testers
More: continued here