Forbesexperiences that evad3rs staff member David Wang (aka planetbeing on Twitter) tested the patch over the weekend and located that one of the vital 5 exploits the hack makes use of was once repaired.
Wang tells me that he’s analyzed the 6.1.three beta 2 replace and found that it patches at the least some of the 5 bugs the jailbreak exploits, particularly a flaw in the working system’s time zone settings. The beta replace probably signals the top of the usage of evasi0n to hack new or updated devices after the update is released to customers, says Wang, who says he is nonetheless trying out the patch to peer which other vulnerabilities exploited by means of the jailbreak would possibly now not exist in the new working device.
despite evasi0n’s report number of downloads, hitting seven million installs simply 4 days after free up, Apple has been reasonably gradual to patch the bugs that make evasi0n that you can imagine, when compared to a couple earlier jailbreaks.
The Cupertino-based company pushed the iOS 6.1.2 update six days in the past, and not using a restoration for evasi0n, which has now been on hand for download for three weeks. in keeping with Forbes, it took Apple simply 9 days to repair Jailbreakme 3.zero, the jailbreaking instrument for the iPhone four.
Wang is predicting that the iOS 6.1.three replace may take as long as a month to be launched, and he additionally mentioned that the evad3rs have revealed further bugs within the working device, which may lead to a new jailbreak sooner or later.
iOS 6.1.three will bring greater Maps to Japan together with a repair for the Passcode bug that used to be revealed after iOS 6.1.
up to date Mac and iOS weblog tales
• Mophie broadcasts Juice % Air for iPhone 5
• Documentary partly Shot on iPhone Wins Oscar
• Watch nearly each Steve Jobs Video on New weblog website online and YouTube Channel
• fb iOS update adds Free VoIP Calling in US and Canada
• App Brings Iconic James Bond 'Gun Barrel' to Your iPhone
• LEGO The Lord of the Rings Hits the Mac App retailer
• Google Releases up to date Maps for iOS SDK, Opens API Keys to All developers
• Popcap's 'vegetation vs. Zombies' for iPhone and iPad on hand for free
extra: persisted right here