Apple today launched its annual Back to School promotion, providing a free pair of Beats Solo2 On-Ear headphones to customers that purchase an eligible Mac, including the iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and Mac Pro. Apple is also offering the option to upgrade to a pair of Beats Solo2 Wireless Headphones for $100.
Apple has outlined the full eligibility requirements for the program in its terms and conditions (PDF).
In years past, Apple has launched its Back to School program during June or early July, with the second Tuesday of July being the target date for several years in a row, but this year’s launch has come later in the month than expected.
Apple’s Back to School promotion will run from today through September 18, 2015 and is available in the United States and Canada. The program should also be available in additional countries, including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
Joe Rossignol contributed to this report.
Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Apple Pay Adds 35 New Participating Issuers in United States
• Apple Releases Flash Storage Firmware Update for 2015 MacBook Pros
• Video Review: Catalyst's Waterproof Case Keeps Your iPhone 6 Dry, but With Some Drawbacks
• Apple's Strict Bluetooth LE Security Requirements Slowing Rollout of HomeKit Accessories
• Microsoft Introduces 'Send' iOS App for Quick, 'In-and-Out Email'
• AT&T Activation Fee for Contract Customers Rising to $45, New $15 Fee for 'Next' Customers
• App Store Sees Best Quarter Ever With 24% Revenue Growth
• 'Square Dashboard' Gives Businesses Ability to Track Sales in Real-Time